 Publishing / Photography / 319
318  |  320
Subject:
Need suggestions for using dinosaur digital camera!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 23:28:39 GMT

Hey all,

I haven't updated my website in over a year for several reasons.  The main one
being that my digital camera is a dinosaur that has really frustrated me with
its inablity to take pictures that I feel are usable.  It's an Olympus D-360L
from the Cretaceous era!  I went to my local camera shop today and the clerk
marveled at the size of the case, since most digital cameras now could pass for
credit cards.  I was hoping I could find a suitable replacement for around $200.
Wishful thinking!

Here's a link to my camera's specifications, hope I formatted it correctly!

<<http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraDetail.php?cam=200>>

Here's my situation:

-Lego room with direct north-facing window that gets no direct sunlight.

-Two 500w 120v tungsten lamps

-Tablecloth in Sea Foam-type color for neutral background

-Tripod

The only settings on the camera I can use are:

-White Balance: Camera is now set to Tungsten, was using Auto (D'OH!)

-ISO choices: Auto, 125, 250 or 500?  Using 250 now.

-Spot Metering or ESP?  I don't quite grok either of these terms completely.

Thanks for any advice you'd care to provide!

Dave S.