 Publishing / Photography / 266
    can someone tell me how to make my photos come out better? —Jonathan Wilson
   My camera is: Concord EyeQ Duo LCD 1.3 megapixels 2x digital zoom 9.9mm f/3.2 flash the manual says its "focus free from 4 feet to infinity" No matter what I do, I cant get it to take good photos of my lego creations. Examples of how the photos have (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

        Re: can someone tell me how to make my photos come out better? —Chris Phillips
     (...) Well I am not familiar with that particular camera, but I've been struggling to improve my digital photography skills literally since the day BrickShelf was announced on LUGNET. Here are a few tips I've picked up so far: Use more light! Borrow (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish.photography, FTX)

        Re: can someone tell me how to make my photos come out better? —Adrian Drake
     (...) Some additions to what Chris said. Not all light is created equal. I used to flood my models with incandescent light bulbs, which would put a very heavy yellow tinge on my pictures. When I moved to my new build space I put up natural light (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

         Re: can someone tell me how to make my photos come out better? —John Henry Kruer
     (...) Use a manual white balance reading if you have to. As long as there is no interfering sunlight or other light color type, the images should be fine. -jHk (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

        Re: can someone tell me how to make my photos come out better? —John Henry Kruer
   Some- well alot- of it is your camera- fixed focus 4 feet to infinity ain't going to do very well in the macro realm. Something like the $200 canon A60 would do a lot better in getting closer. Just resist the urge to get closer then 4 feet. Crop if (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.publish.photography, FTX)