 Publishing / Photography / 228
    Re: taking good photos —David Laswell
   (...) Ah, but that only works if you've got hand-held flashes. Not all cameras have that capability (I know mine doesn't). So, to be more accurate, never use the built-in flash to photograph LEGO bricks. If you can set up a flash source that's not (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

        Re: taking good photos —Steve Barile
   If you don't have alternative flash solutions there's a trick, put a small piece a transparent (Scotch) tape over the flash lens, it acts as a little diffuser and cost ~$0.000001. Maybe even a smear of some vaseline on the flash lens would work (I'm (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

        Re: taking good photos —David Laswell
   (...) I tried using thick white paper tape over my flash...and all I got was a blurry large glare spot where previously I'd been getting a crisp large glare spot. The problem is not so much in the quality of light as it is in the direction. If the (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)