 Publishing / Photography / 184
183  |  185
Subject:
Better Color Balance with Lego Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:51:12 GMT

For some time now, I've had issues with my dorky little Kodak digital camera (4
years old) and getting the color right on some lego ABS pieces when they are
the only non-white color on a white background. Red is particularly bad, as the
Image / Adjust / Autolevels in Photoshop always gives me a horrendous blue cast
afterwards. Manual adjustment left me with something less than desirable no
matter how long I fiddled with it. Then a thought kept nagging at me about
this... like I needed a color chart to help the software sort things out better
in the image. With no color chart at hand, it finally dawned on me that I could
make one out of various colors of bricks. So I took my little white baseplate
and dug around in the parts bins for the widest variety of colors I could find.

Voila...  now I get much better color balance...

(this in one deep link for now until the remainder get approved)
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cosmicray/misc/dcp04576sm.jpg>

(this is the folder of 5 test shots once its approved)
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=14839>

1x2 brick colors I wish I had for this are: sand-blue, sand-green, sand-red,
lt-yellow, burnt-orange, lime and purple.

Ray