 Publishing / HTML / 42 (-20)
  A request for a Test...

Hi All, I haven't been around in voice lately, just basically lurking and trying to learn some HTML. As a result of which, I've updated my site's format. [1] I was wondering if you (any of you) could take a few minutes and visit my site. I would (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) I always have virtually all my windows maximized for reasons of visibility. Not only browser windows, but mostly everything. And I use ALT+TAB to change between them. It's as easy as a piece of cake, and I hardly use the mouse at all! :-) (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Oh...oops...thanks Larry! What I meant was *shouldn't* (...) ding ding ding...give that man a prize! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Should, or shouldn't dictate? My view is that you can suggest, but should design for the ability to fit into the window the user is using (within reason, 200x300 may be a bit confining) and for resizability (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) And see, I always browse with multiple browser windows open at one time, so I almost never maximize any of them so that I can easily switch between windows. (...) I agree, but as shown above, people have different ways of doing things. In (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  RE: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) I *do* find it annoying when one tries to fit a legal size sheet of paper in a letter size folder, but that's beside the point. (...) I like to browse with the window maximized (at 1152x864 res) because it blocks out whatever other noise lurks (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  New Site

I have created a new site as a reference for educators using RoboLab in the classroom. I would love to have some of you visit the site and provide feedback. At present we have only a few examples, but we are working on adding many more. The most (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.loc.us.in) !

  new site

Hello everybody! I have just finished my first website called <a href="www.spaceghost...g.com">The Brickhouse</a>. There isn't much in the way of models yet, but if anyone could tell me what they think (good, bad, worse) I would be very grateful. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Looks like someone there is on the ball and fixed it! Yay!!! --Todd (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  RE: Re: Model Team scale Lamborghini Diablo 6.0

(...) Yes, Netscape 4.x does a terrible job displaying my page, even though I only used style sheets for the background and type faces. To see what it's supposed to look like, use IE, Netscape 6, or go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced, and uncheck (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.html)

  Website preview...

I'm redesigning my website so I can update it more easily. Everything should be fully funtional, but some non-model pages may be limited to "Coming soon". The "Land" section is fairly complete: (URL) note: the page looks fine in Netspace 6 and IE 5, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.publish.html)

  Thumbnail menu CGI script

I've written a perl subroutine (thanks, Paul Hartzog) which finds all the files in a directory and returns some HTML code for thumbnails with links to those images. Is there a way I can modify this code so it can work with a URL instead of a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Free server with CGI?

Does anyone know of a free web space provider that allows users to upload their own perl cgi scripts? Or does anyone have some space they can let me borrow while I test the scripts I'm writing? (I'm trying to make my website easier to update by (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Ah, but not for much longer. It's all down to education, and thanks to your new president you'll soon have 'the best educated Americans in the world'. I'm not sure what "LEGO parents" are anyway. I suppose that if you can make up phrases like (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: can't read scrolling text

(...) Ahh...I love it when I see people make comments like this. I need to show this thread to the higher ups here at my company. I have been doing web design for the past 6 years. I love it and I always stick with the basics. I can make a site look (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: can't read scrolling text

(...) FYI under MSIE 5.0, Windows NT4, the micro-scale text scrolls in the same stupid way. The page also ignores the text-size menu commands in MSIE. Come on LEGO, competent web designers are easy to hire these days... (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: can't read scrolling text

I completely agree with the other posts here. LEGO needs to hire a web designer, not a magazine designer. Whoever is doing the site seems to be forgetting that they are designing for an interactive medium that is, ultimately, interpreted to the user (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  RE: LEGO website bug report: can't read scrolling text

(...) Wow, that is huge! The scrolling works fine in Netscape 4.7 (though you have to click or move your mouse away from the arrow to stop scrolling--I'd rather click to scroll than click to stop scrolling) The text is awfully small at my resolution (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) to (...) beyond I find the text scrolls much more slowly than yours Todd, but then I'm on what's almost certainly a slower machine (P 233). It's still too fast to read. What's just as bad is that the width of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: can't read scrolling text

I'm using NetScape 4.5 on NT 4.0 and it works (techinally, I can see all of the text with the up/down arrows). The html source seems to have a lot of work arounds for NetScape (WM_netscapeCssFix, WM_netscapeCssFixCheckIn, ...) To print, I can (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact