 Publishing / HTML / 302
  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) I'll trust you on how other browsers work, you've got to maintain compatability. You can still accomplish forcing a preview before every post by removing the post button from the message edit form, leaving only the preview button. On the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) That part sounds great to me. (...) And this part also sounds great -- except for one thing: What if someone makes edits in the lower form, but then clicks the "Post" button in the top form? --Todd (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) Todd, I was justing post a blog when i thought of something (well, saw how the blog did it) - one the page where you compose the text, it has one button that says "preview". when you hit it, you go to a page with the text, but you are unable (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) I think that might make more work for the user than is strictly necessary. If the server detects changes automatically (or if JS disabled the "Post" button automatically), then it eliminates a step. --Todd (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) Maybe that's what they intend to do. They may start to edit the message and then change their mind. If you are doing JS or CRC to check for changes in the edit box then you also need a way to reset it if edits are started and then decided (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)