 Publishing / HTML / 297 (-5)
  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

Quoting Todd Lehman <todd@lugnet.com>: (...) I'd think label it "Preview" on the initial submit, then "Preview/Post" in the preview page. JS would be difficult to deal with undone changes, as well as confusing - "There was the post button there, and (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) You don't even need the CRC. Do what you said on the message edit page about combining post & preview so that there is only preview, but then on the Message Preview page remove the whole lower section containing the message edit box, preview (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) Sounds great in theory, and I think the CRC is a great fallback check if JS isn't available, and I like that the CRC method is forgiving of undone changes... But if there were only one button, what would you label it? "Preview or Post"? One (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) why use JS? just combine the post and preview button to one, and detect on the server if the data was changed. If it was, preview, if it wasn't (matches a CRC in a hidden form element), it posts. (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

This must be easy with JavaScript, right?-- I'd like to disable a submit button (turn it gray out and non-clickable) in an HTML form if the user changes any data in an editable text field within the form. The editable text fields are of type <INPUT (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact