 Publishing / HTML / 177 (-5)
  Re: Attributes of the [A and] IMG tag[s] used in displaying the LUGNET logo

Thanks to your tip, here is my candidate for an XHTML-compliant LUGNET banner anchor (hide the style declaration from Netscape 4 by including it in an imported style sheet, margin values optional): <style type="text/css"> img.bannerlugnet { (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

Deprecated does mean "not allowed" when one is validating a page against the strict DTD. It means "not prohibited" only against the Transitional DTDs. Thanks for the tips. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

(...) Well, I believe deprecated does not mean prohibited; it means that it is going to be prohibited in a future version, so you'll have to change it someday. Am I wrong about that? Does CSS offer an equivalent to this? It seems possible to me. I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Tools of the Trade

(...) I use Netscape Composer for actual page generation. Paint Shop Pro 5 for image editing, and Acdsee32 for imaging selection(1), renaming and viewing. -Jason (1) I have no skill at all with a camera, so I take double pictures of everything with (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag [and A tag] used in displaying the LUGNET logo

Er, I'll take as a valid point from between your non-standards-based rant tags that a web page should not need a user agent with scripting active to be usable. If I have understood the W3C's recommendations on this point, and all I'm trying to do (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact