 Publishing / HTML / 172 (-5)
  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

(...) <rant> My only thought on this whole thing is why is the world seeming to force everyone to use scripted web pages? What on earth is wrong with just plain HTML? I often prefer to run with scripting disabled either because it is so buggy on (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

You would be right about using the target= attribute as a backup if I was writing to the Transitional DTDs or against the loose URIs. Deprecated means I can't use the target= attribute in an XML document that validates against the DTDs for HTML 4.01 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

The target= attribute is deprecated in HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0. If I, for whatever reason of vanity and the like, choose to write an XML document that validates against the strict DTDs, then I cannot use the target= attribute. You are correct that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

(...) defenitly, my slip, sorry :) (...) hmmm... at least in mozilla, it doesn't create a new window. so it's only used to break out of frames, which is a very good thing for a button to do. (...) :) Dan (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

(...) JavaScript, not Java. A completely separate and unrelated language. Note that target="_top" is for frames, to load the page in the outermost frame (i.e. the whole window). For a new window, the correct value is target="_blank". If you are not (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact