 Publishing / HTML / 107 (-20)
  Re: What NOT to do on a website!

(...) NICK (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

Yep. You got it fixed. Mike "Rob McMurray" <spaceghost0@dellmail.com> wrote in message news:GFnMns.95y@lugnet.com... (...) window (...) Thanks (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  What NOT to do on a website!

I did this site the other day to show EXACTLY what not to do on a website. (URL) Has been known to cause migranes, severe eyestrain, blindness, depression, and even death! Make sure you do NOT have any severe medical conditions before viewing it! -- (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) Yes, I noticed this when I was originally testing the site. I took your advice and messed with the pixels and percent and fixed it (I hope). Thanks for the advice. Rob (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) Thank you very much! I am glad to hear that you like both my models and the site (hooray!). I am also glad that it loads quickly. My biggest fear was that it used too many unecessary or large graphics. Rob (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

Speed was fine at 56K. The only thing I noticed was at full screen (1280x1024 for me) the vertical bar on the left (Says "Home" on the first page) and the curve at the bottom don't line up unless I shrink the window down to about 800x600 (rough (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) Dang, Dude, those are nice models! I like your building style, especially the spaceships. Form seems very much based on function more than "sleek and swoopy". I like it! And the web site follows suit. Very clean design, easy to get at the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) Thank you very much! I will surely continue to make films. I have also enjoyed your films greatly. You really do a great job. Sorry to hear about the site though. I hope you are able to find something soon! -Thanks Rob (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) No biggie, and I did come across as particularly rude, for which I apologize. I just need to add *.sphosting.com into my restricted sites... Hmmm, problem is, now I'm not getting any images. They don't make it easy for ya, do they? :-/ Cheers, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) Sorry 'bout that. I did a stupid thing. I just bought a domain and I forgot that my free hosting service puts those there. Oh well, I cant afford site hosting, and at least its not a banner. Rob (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) Go here to kill those annoying x10 adds for a month at a time. It works, and it's wonderful (as long as you have cookies on) (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) Rob - I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed your movies on your new site. The animation was was really well done. I was really impressed by the various paces you put the minifigs through in the Lego Movie video. I particularly like (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) It loaded fine for me on IE 5.5, but I have a T1 here at work, and DSL at home, so I won't be able to gauge modem download speed. Incidentally, welcome to the brick*****.com domain family. Brickshelf, brickfilms, brickwars, brickfest, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) It popped up an ad window for x10.com for me...definitely a turnoff. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: BrickWired.com

(...) The loading time was no problem for my plain 56K modem. I like the LE-2i Leviathan model a lot! It would make a great set for Blacktron III (if and when there is a Blacktron III)! - Bob (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: A request for a Test...

Great! for the most part. Your links in the frame should be purple though to blend more with the background... that would improve looks. I've been using HTML since 2nd grade and am 13 now so I've grown up with the language for the most part. :-) -- (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: My web sites are moving!

(...) Here it is: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  My web sites are moving!

I just learned that NBCI will be closing their free site hosting, so i have to move my sites: Pacific Northern (my Lego trains): formerly: (2 URLs) (My Lego town): formerly: (2 URLs) (My prototype info & image page): formerly: (URL) new site soon, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Web Page Links Pages

(...) Yeah, but that kind of a thumbnail takes just as long to download as the full image, doesn't it? Chris (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Web Page Links Pages

(...) Technically correct but this may not be the best approach, inasmuch as the browser still has to download the entire image. That adds delay over downloading an image that has been resized. One upside though, is that the user will see the (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact