 Publishing / 839
Re: URL Style (was Re: New box cars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 03:08:48 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:33:54 GMT, "SEBarile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com>
wrote:
steve.bar.home.att.net
Hey!  I can do that, too!  See:
<http://home.att.net/~blisses/>
or
<http://blisses.home.att.net/>

I confused myself and got my hopes up, until I realized this is an ATT.NET
thing, which won't necessarily work with my page.  Testing...nope.  IO.COM
makes its customers pay for virtual domains.

Quick question for anyone/everyone:  is one of these URL's "better" than
the other?  Technically or style-wise?

I like either one.  I'm more concerned about ramifications about having two
completely different URLs for each page, though.  It could have interesting
effects with caching and bookmarks if you're not careful.  Figure out which
you will use and never use the other one.

My .02 euro...

Cheers,
- jsproat