 Publishing / 768
Re: Need Help Beta Testing a News Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:42:12 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Kevin Loch <kloch@NOSPMkl.net> wrote:

That's pretty cool.  I was able to login and post a reply.

You might want to loose the angle brick from the logo.

Ditto that, although at least it is yellow and not red.

Yeah, I'm highly considering it.  I really like the look but LEGO may have the
brick trademarked in the US, and it is featured prominitely on the site.  Anyone
have any other ideas for a little pic that says "plastic building bricks!"
without legal repercussions?

I like it.  I like it a LOT, and not just because I read /. all day
long either.  I especially like the link under posted to each article,
etc.

Thanks!  I just hope enough people find it useful.  If you see any news that
would go well on the site, make a story submission! :-)

Wow, I remember hearing about the /. software being released, but I
hadn't heard of anyone using it yet.  I might try giving that a shot
myself just for kicks.

Check out http://www.slashdot.org/code.shtml for more info.  The released code
is older, buggy stuff.  Some people have been cleaning it up and releasing their
own versions, check out http://sparky.dyn.cheapnet.net/~slash/faq.shtml#software
for links to the fixed up versions (and the Slash-help mailing list).