 Publishing / 71
Re: Publishing made easier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 00:45:33 GMT

In article <F11Cn4.AE8@lugnet.com>, <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote:

I've read quite a few threads here regarding web publishing
and how hard it is to keep things straight. If you are
willing to invest some time on a learning curve, but want
to have fast and easy updates to your website, then I
recommend FRONTIER. It's available on both the Mac and PC
platforms, and 5.0.1 is available for free from

http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/downloads/

I'll add my 2c for plugging Frontier.  Up until very recently, I had
used it for all my website content processing.  If you're on a Mac, it
integrates very nicely with BBEdit.  I don't know much about the Windows
NT port (and it's only NT, not 95 or 98, AFAIK).

I punted Frontier a while back because it runs too slowly on my Centris
610 (admittedly, a 5-year-old 68040 machine), so I wrote a Perl-based
solution that uses the same templates.  It runs much faster now, and on
my Macs at home (under MacPerl) as well as on my Sun at work.

I like that I can use circa 1993 hardware for real web publishing.
Leaves more money for Lego.  :^)

-Tim

(See http://www.io.com/~rueger/colophon.html for more gory details.)

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/