 Publishing / 69
68  |  70
Subject:
Publishing made easier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:24:30 GMT

I've read quite a few threads here regarding web publishing
and how hard it is to keep things straight. If you are
willing to invest some time on a learning curve, but want
to have fast and easy updates to your website, then I
recommend FRONTIER. It's available on both the Mac and PC
platforms, and 5.0.1 is available for free from

http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/downloads/

This is the tool I use for my site. It took about a week to get
really comfortable with thinking about my website as a big table,
but now it's second nature and new additions are a snap. If you
get the webExtras mentioned on my site then automatically updating
your nav links is easy too.

You can view my site (it's not much yet) and the MOC Technic Excavator
at:

www.bmts.com/~rhempel

and just have a look around. Look at the products link page to get to
some great software.

I'll have updated links to the image cataloging software I use. It's
SuperJPG, available from

www.midnightblue.com

Stupid name (sounds like a naughty place), great software. That's all for
now....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,