 Publishing / 4734
Re: Help! How do you put an image inside of a post?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:34:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ley Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Bill Vollbrecht wrote:
   Hey all,

Alright, as you all may be aware, computers ain’t my forte. I have seen many a time here on Lugnet where there is an image INSIDE of the post instead of a link. How on earth do you do this? On the new post page there is a strange list of symbols that make no sense to me, but I imagine it has something to do with this....

Anybody wanna help me out here?

Bill

Hi Bill,

One way to learn about it is to look at a post that does the kind of thing you want to do. In the upper right corner there is a thing that says “view raw message”, which if you click it, will show you the inner workings of the post, so to speak. You can clearly see the structure that produces the effect you are looking for. Note how the image addresses and links are bracketed by the < and > symbols. A little practice with your own post should have you up and running soon. Just keep previewing and tweaking it until it’s doing what you’d like. Make sure you’ve chosen FTX for the format as it’s easy to miss that part.

Good advice. Alsco consider reviewing the FTX quick ref card or the FTX guide and the FTX faq

FTX is pretty slick and pretty easy once you get the hang of it. If you get stuck, ask for help! .general may not be the best place though. Try asking in lugnet.publish instead or when you’re really stuck and no one was able to help, admin.general

Hope that helps.

XFUT lugnet.publish