 Publishing / 4694
Re: PHP 4.3.10 Problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 05:11:17 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message
news:20050103045233.GL545@peeron.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I actually did notice this issue with the web component of MythTV, which
runs on php.  But I didn't make the connection to the recent upgrade I
did with php on the server.  So is there an easy fix?  What's the new
syntax look like compared to the old?

As an aside, sounds like changing a fundumantal part of the language in
a way that's not backwards compatible, and including that change in a
security release is a bad idea :)

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com

I am looking at it now and it appears that syntax like this is problematic:

foreach ($myValues as $myValue)
{
}

Syntax like this however works:

foreach ($myValues as $myValue => $value)
{
}

In my brief looking into it, the earlier syntax "works" prior to 4.3.10 but
not with 4.3.10 when the array in question is an array of arrays.  That is
what I know so far.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com