 Publishing / 4693
Re: PHP 4.3.10 Problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 05:05:42 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dan Boger wrote:
On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 04:49:11AM +0000, Mike Walsh wrote:
Have any of you who manage a PHP based site observed some strange
behavior with foreach() in the 4.3.10 release? I am seeing different
behavior with foreach with 4.3.10 than I have previously. The PHP web
site (www.php.net) indicates 4.3.10 incorporates foreach from PHP5 as
a back port.

Anyone else seeing similar problems?

I actually did notice this issue with the web component of MythTV, which
runs on php.  But I didn't make the connection to the recent upgrade I
did with php on the server.  So is there an easy fix?  What's the new
syntax look like compared to the old?

As an aside, sounds like changing a fundumantal part of the language in
a way that's not backwards compatible, and including that change in a
security release is a bad idea :)

Interesting. I had heard about 4.3.10 causing script errors, but not any
specifics. I'd be interested to know how it works differently and what the
symptoms of this are..

Kyle