 Publishing / 4260
Re: Testing with pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:00:11 GMT

Moved to .publishing...

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Matt Canales wrote:
   Hey, that looks cool. I have a question: how do you edit pictures on your computer??? Thanks,

You have to get a reasonably decent image-editing program. Plain ‘ol paint doesn’t cut it, and neither will most of the included microsoft ‘imaging’ software. You might be able to add simple text, but not much else. Even some features, like image resizing, found in Photo Editor don’t work as well as in Photoshop.

The industry-standered image-editor is Adobe Photoshop, although it is extremely pricy, at around $500. I use Adobe Elements, which has most of the features of Photoshop but goes for around $90.

Another popular cheap editor is Jasc Paint Shop Pro, which is similar although not identical to Elements.

You might want to try the GIMP, a freeware image-editor that is pretty good. You have to look around for the windows version, though.

Besides getting the editor, the actual proccess of editing can be pretty hard. There’s a lot to learn...

That help?

-JHK