 Publishing / 3978
    Is there such a thing as a decent free MPG encoder? —Tony Hafner
   I'm trying to put together animations from a series of image files. Up to now I've used gif animation programs. But I'm thinking I can get much better compression if I go to MPeg format. What free/inexpensive programs are out there that do this (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Is there such a thing as a decent free MPG encoder? —Greg Perry
     (...) Tony - one of the programs that is widely used and praised by folks in the Lego animation community is called Videomach. It is available from several sites for download. It's available for a preview period of 30 days and is free if used for (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.animation)

         Re: Is there such a thing as a decent free MPG encoder? —Tony Hafner
     (...) has some specific limitations that make AVI more inviting. What platforms commonly support playback of each of these formats? Thanks! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.animation)

        Re: Is there such a thing as a decent free MPG encoder? —Mark Haye
   I have used the Berkeley MPEG-1 Video Encoder: (URL) used it to create a few small time-lapse movies. One was my LEGO model of the Kennedy Space Center crawler/transporter (the movie is near the end of the Overview section): (URL) another was a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.publish)