 Publishing / 3741
Re: Update to Toradoch Site + Link
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:41:53 GMT

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H19Eop.JA9@lugnet.com...
Greetings,

Many thanks to all who contributed advice and suggestions to my fledgling
site....all of great assistance.  After some amendments to make things • less
'jumpy' and consolidating some screens, I feel it's a bit cleaner.

My question is about links.  In setting up my Links page, what is the
accepted protocol?  Is it proper to approach other site's owners to ask
permission to post a link to their site?  If so, does this apply to larger
or corporate sites (LUGnet, Brickshelf, FBTB, TLG etc.)? I would love to • add
links of many fellow spaceheads sites to my page.

If any are interested or so inclined, I have created a .gif should you • wish
to include a link to my site.  It can be located on the What's New page:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sshaw/Toradoch/Toradoch_whatsnew.htm

Any advice appreciated....anyone employing my link - my thanks!

Cheers,
-G

BTW - Feel free to peruse the site while you're there...stay awhile!

FUT: lugnet.publish

I think you can put links to whoever you want and if they don't want them
there, they can make a request for you to remove them.  I've had about 20
links on my page for years now and I've never gotten any complaints (of
course, half of them probably don't work anymore...).  The site's looking
good!

        -- Tom