 Publishing / 3345
Re: People please stop uploading BMP to www.brickshelf.com!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:46:44 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

I agree that BMP's are unsuited for web publishing.  As you say, it is
better to use compressed GIF, PNG of JPEG, depending on the kind of
image.

I think that most people who upload BMP's or other uncompressed image
files do so out of ignorance.  When they become more experienced with
computer images, they will probably use other formats.

Could Brickshelf use automated conversion from BMP to PNG,
if people for some reason uploads BMP files? Which problems
would it introduce?

Jacob
--
"Any, sufficiently complicated, experiment is
indistinguishable from magic."