 Publishing / 3325
Re: new ezboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:00:22 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Brad Benedict writes:
What features did you find in ezboard that you
didn't find\like here?
well for one posting is instant and its free

Lugnet is free for reading and posting and always has been.

Posting here is instant for me because I'm a member ($10 for a lifetime
membership) and I stay logged in.  When I'm not logged in, or for
non-members, the verification email takes very little time and the added
security is nice.

Lugnet also has:
1. A much larger user base, so your conversations can have more varied input
2. Spotlighting of posts in certain groups and\or highlighted by members
3. a better URL. :)

But EZBoard has:
1. An easy to use thread view UI
2. Ability to use fake names or handles (possible with Lugnet but not used)

So, in my opinion, those added features aren't worth the duplication of
effort, but I think you'll find that on your own.  By the way Brad, you need
to stick the standard LEGO disclaimer on your site if you're using the Lego
name.

Now, a word about Lugnet membership... For those who'd like "instant"
posting and the ability to Highlight or Spotlight posts, plus a lot more,
look into Lugnet membership.  It's $10 for a lifetime membership, so thus
far mine would be worth about $3 per year.  You get a really cool member
packet when you join too.  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/join/

Ben Roller