 Publishing / 2958
    Reliable Web Host —Thomas (T. J.) Avery
   Can anyone suggest a good, reliable web host, please? My site does about 1 GB of "business" per month, which is about 4 times the traffic I'm allowed by Texas.net. So, I'm tired of watching the web monitor and ordering extra capacity. I guess having (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Reliable Web Host —Eric Kingsley
     (...) Well I don't know how much (if anything) you are willing to spend but several AFOL's have their sites hosted at pair networks www.pair.com in fact that is where LUGNET is hosted. I have the NELUG site there along with a couple of personal (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Reliable Web Host —Thomas (T. J.) Avery
     (...) I checked out Pair.com and it looks pretty good. I think I can satisfy my requirements with their most basic service. There are so many webhosting companies out there, it's hard to choose. Thanks for the advice. T. J. (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.publish)

         RE: Reliable Web Host —Bram Lambrecht
     www.dellz.com is the cheapest I've found, especially for the options available. The support is quick, but they're still getting started so there have been some bumps along the way. I haven't been with them long enough to see how reliable they are. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Reliable Web Host —Jonathan Johnson
   I use Xeran (www.xeran.com) for mine. From what I can tell, it seems to kick Pair's butt around the block when it comes to features/price. There's no bandwidth cap and it sounds like they could handle a couple of slashdots a day without breaking a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish)