 Publishing / 2926
Re: Query re: creating white space with FTX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 18:31:22 GMT

In lugnet.publish, James Brown writes:
Is there a way to create horizontal white space with FTX coding?  White
space in the code gets compressed in the output.

Vertical spacing I can do with creative uses of [ALT]0172, but horizontal
spacing doesn't appear to exist.

I'd also love the option of centering things WRT page width.  I tried to
cheat this with tables by creating a three column table without anything in
the first & last entry, but that didn't work. :/

Any tips for accomplishing horizontal whitespace would be appreciated...

Yay!  Figured out (belatedly) that ":" and ";" work with pictures and other
links, so that cures half my grumbles.  Now all I need is something that
will let me input blank space in the middle of a line (or table entry).  Is
there an FTX equivalent of &nbsp?  And a 'center' command.

:)

Just in case I haven't mentioned it before, FTX is way cool. :)

Thanks,

James