 Publishing / 2743
  Are there any free counters out there?

Hi, I like to use counters to keep track of how many people visit my web pages. I'm constantly having problems accessing the single counter that my web provider gives me. Also, I can't reset it to a different number. I've accidentally cleared it a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> skrev i meddelandet news:G8znIK.B6n@lugnet.com... (...) www.extreme-dm.com You can see an example of a report on (URL) OK form me. -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

(...) For Macintosh there is the Count Webula counter (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

(...) A very easy one to use, and one that is fast and reliable is NedStat, headquartered in the Netherlands. It offers a free counter for personal pages. I have used one for two years with only one minor complaint: 1% of the time I check my counter (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

(...) If you don't care about stats, and just want a counter, there's Fastcounter, which I use on my web page. I've had it for a while now and it seems perfectly adequate. All you need to do is deal with their weekly spam Email, and that's it. (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

(...) that's in case you run your own web server, too... (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

(...) The counter has to be run on a Macintosh web server, but it will count for any web sever you want. I use the counter to count for my LEGO site which is served off a Macintosh, and for my class site which is served off of something unixy, I (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

(...) Oh, sorry. I reread your message. You were looking for a web counting service not a web counting program. Can't help you there. Chris (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Are there any free counters out there?

Heh, sounds like someone forgot to un-check the litte "check here to receive valuable updates from frastcounter adn our sponsors!" box (I don't even knoe if fastcounter has one, but I signed up for it a while ago, and I don't get spam from them...) (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish)