 Publishing / 2330
Re: Go BrickShelf!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:33:35 GMT

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message
news:FzD5t3.Dqy@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.publish, Todd Lehman writes:
I noticed while clicking in the BrickShelf.com Gallery's "Recent" page[1]
that the BrickShelf.com Gallery has surpassed the 10,000 mark!  Ten • thousand
images uploaded by fans!!  Actually, now more than 11,000 and counting...

A true testament to the hobby, indeed!

--Todd

[1] http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/recent.cgi

There are actually only 9,913 active files in the gallery,
once you subtract deleted files.  Of course it is true that
over 11,000 files have been uploaded :)  They take up 979 Megabytes.
That's about 1/6 the size of the scans database,
and growing!

Cool!

Here's another not-so-obvious data point.  There are currently 479
activated accounts.  This far exceeded my expectations.
I thought that maybe 20 people would have pictures to upload.

Just yesterday I was surprised at the number of pictures I alone had
uploaded.  Thanks to my digital camera :)

I would like to thank the community for being so patient.  It has
been a while since I have added any features to the gallery.
Life as a net.slave leaves very little time to work on things that
require significant blocks of time to do right.

Yup.  Though I'm patient as well, I'd like to offer you a few suggestions to
improve Brickshelf:

The gallery listing is VERY hard to navigate.  Having a list of members or
having a search tool to search for members would be cool.  Having them
linked by Lugnet member number (if they have one) might be useful in the
future - though I don't know exactly how.  If you could add a form to the
delete feature with checkboxes, so multiple files can be deleted at once,
that would be great.  You mentioned to me renaming of files once, that's
another good thing.

Other than that (off the top of my head now), Brickshelf is AWESOME for
conveniently sharing projects and my favorite - Legofest photos.  Thanks a
ton, Kevin!!
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114