 Publishing / 2135
Re: HTML question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 03:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Nick Cameron writes:
but does anyone know how to make it so
when you click on a >section< of a picture on a webpage it goes to a different
page, without cutting the picture in a bunch of pieces. I want to make a place
where you can explore the aquazone from a aqunaut-eye view.I might also do
castle.

Image maps. These come in two forms, client side and server side. I
personally enjoy server-side more, because it has the elemant of fun that
results from not knowing where a click will lead, but that's not actually
good from a UI design perspective, and I think the cliet-side version is far
more popular these days.

Check out <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.6.1> for
documentation.

--