 Publishing / 21
    Re: Publishing DAT files (was Re: B-Wing DAT file) —Todd Lehman
   (...) Hmm, I wonder why they seem different to me than images... (hmm) I guess because they're not binaries. The rule was "no binaries," not "no images." And the whole LCAD thing needs as much support as it can get, IMHO... It's the greatest (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Publishing DAT files (was Re: B-Wing DAT file) —Mike Stanley
     (...) I think the names of the groups themselves, in this case perhaps more than in others, would make it obvious that .dat is for .dat files whereas .cad is not. Then again, maybe I'm assuming too much. (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Publishing DAT files (was Re: B-Wing DAT file) —Todd Lehman
   (...) Oh yeh...the other thing. Binary images like GIFs and JPEGs are real über-pigs on bandwidth and disk space (over time). But LDraw .DAT files are about as thin as thin can get. --Todd (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.publish)