 Publishing / 1728
Re: Making picture sizes smaller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 05:39:16 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Mark Herzberg writes:
Hi everyone!

So I finnally got around to taking movies of my LEGO City on my JVC
PalmCorder. Then I hooked it up to the docking station, and using a program
that came with the camera, I took 36 stills from the video to upload. Problem:
The picture are all about 230K, which is WAY too big. I am not an expert at
web publishing and sorts, so can anyone help as to how I can compress the size
of these pics to a reasonable size (50-75K?). Thanks!

Hi Mark,

I set my camera (Sony Mavica, digital) to 'email' mode. That way it saves all
pics as .jpg and they come out ~55K. Very reasonable, and even large pixel-
size (480x600).
You can convert from whatever type you're using to .jpg using a basic picture-
editing software, eg Photoshop, Corel, I dunno.
Or perhaps you should decrease image-size. If you save the pic in 1024x800
pixels, provided it'll be bigger than 600x480...

HTH,
Shiri