 Publishing / 1331
Re: Annoying 'full quotes'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 19:05:52 GMT

David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote:
Warning- you may be flamed. I don't think there is a "correct" way to format
replies, although to some minor degree there is a preferred form. I appreciate

David, I think Stefan is actually right here, and there _is_ a correct way.
Netiquette isn't law, of course, and it's not set in stone somewhere, but
correct quoting is a fairly standard and accepted rule.

(Actually, the news server at BU where I work _does_ codify this: it won't
let you post an article with more quoting than new lines.....)