 Publishing / 1257
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:24:20 GMT

I have reloaded the images now

The problem was same thing else.

Enjoy

--
Michael

Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk

Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine
Web site: www.technic-uk.co.uk
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/medwards
Soon to be updated, soon to be good
212 models and going up

Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message
news:FMHGGM.973@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.announce, Huw Millington writes:
A correspondent has sent me this list, taken from the international
retailers catalogue.
Scans of interesting pages showing new sets can be seen at:
http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego
[...]

It's too late now, but beware that retailer catalogues are not intended • for
public consumption, especially before stores receive product.  Many • retailers
in the U.S. haven't even been given copies of the year-2000 catalogue • yet,
probably to minimize the possibilities of leaks in this emerging Internet • age.

Although this is great fun and interesting for us all to see, and
privileged information like this may be difficult to keep under one's • hat,
the publishing and touting of full-page scans of retailer catalogues does
make us look bad as a community.  It may even represent an invasion of • the
LEGO Company's publicity rights, as they themselves have not yet • officially
announced many of these products.

--Todd

In lugnet.technic, Michael Edwards writes:
Hello All

I have now removed must of the 2000 Technic Images just to be on the safe
side
As i had a phone call from Lego Legal Dept (i wasn't their at the time of
the call). They are really annoyed to the fact that serect images were
released. I will find out tomorrow the full story on the phone call, so i
will let you guys know on the full story on this issue.

--
Michael

Todd, Guess this will answer a lot of questions in the retailer catalog • scans
debate
then!

regards
lawrence