 General / 11587
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:57:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.announce, Huw Millington writes:
A correspondent has sent me this list, taken from the international
retailers catalogue.
Scans of interesting pages showing new sets can be seen at:
http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego
[...]

It's too late now, but beware that retailer catalogues are not intended for
public consumption, especially before stores receive product.  Many retailers
in the U.S. haven't even been given copies of the year-2000 catalogue yet,
probably to minimize the possibilities of leaks in this emerging Internet age.

Although this is great fun and interesting for us all to see, and
privileged information like this may be difficult to keep under one's hat,
the publishing and touting of full-page scans of retailer catalogues does
make us look bad as a community.  It may even represent an invasion of the
LEGO Company's publicity rights, as they themselves have not yet officially
announced many of these products.

--Todd

In lugnet.technic, Michael Edwards writes:
Hello All

I have now removed must of the 2000 Technic Images just to be on the safe
side
As i had a phone call from Lego Legal Dept (i wasn't their at the time of
the call). They are really annoyed to the fact that serect images were
released. I will find out tomorrow the full story on the phone call, so i
will let you guys know on the full story on this issue.

--
Michael

Todd, Guess this will answer a lot of questions in the retailer catalog scans
debate
then!

regards
lawrence