 Publishing / 1152
Re: Email Address
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:03:21 GMT

Kya Morden <erythrite@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, I'm trying to get around using hotmail and yahoo and geocities
cause alot of sites that want "real" addresses won't take those and I
REALLY don't want my father reading my email off of the netcom account
considering he has this tendency to open/read my real mail like my
credit card bill which REALLY irks me.  (and if I get the guts to
order that unitron monorail he better well not see that bill)

Hrmmm... well, if you're looking into free e-mail you might as well
look into free ISP.

I set my parents up with both NetZero and Altavista Free Access.

http://microav.com/  (Altavista's)
http://www.netzero.com/main.html (Net Zero's)

You gotta look at ads, but it isn't that big a deal, especially if
you have a decent sized monitor.  My parents sure didn't mind saving
$22 per month over AOL, and considering they had a funky username to
use AOL, they were able to get the same name for both other
services, along with a free web-email account at email.com.  Easier
to switch addresses with friends that way.

I have a free account at the ISP I do some work for, but I also use
NetZero - works fine.  I'll be using it this weekend when I'm in
Charlotte.  They even offer single channel ISDN.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/