 Publishing / 1141
  Email Address

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup for this, please don't hurt me, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a free email service that will actually work with Eudora Lite/Pro. I know geocties used to do this, but then they had to merge (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Email Address

(...) Hrmmm..... well, Yahoo offers POP3 access, but I take it you don't want to use them, so I won't paste in this bit of info telling you how to set it up. :) Lemme keep looking. Ah, here's a way to let you decide for yourself. (URL) guide to free (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Email Address

(...) Yeah, I'm trying to get around using hotmail and yahoo and geocities cause alot of sites that want "real" addresses won't take those and I REALLY don't want my father reading my email off of the netcom account considering he has this tendency (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Email Address

(...) Well, I found a pop3 account, thanks to that webpage. So I thank you for that. As for a free ISP, I've tried NetZero, and it didn't work very well. See, I have an ancient 486 66MHz that NetZero just wants to eat system recourses from, if I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Email Address

(...) Hrmmm... well, if you're looking into free e-mail you might as well look into free ISP. I set my parents up with both NetZero and Altavista Free Access. (URL) (Altavista's) (URL) (Net Zero's) You gotta look at ads, but it isn't that big a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Email Address

(...) Yeah, NetZero does require some horsepower to do it's thing. :( I'd appreciate it if you'd let us know how satisfied you are with the new e-mail service after you've used it for a while. I could always use another backup, and listening to a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)