 Publishing / 1086
Re: How to Get 10 times more traffic to your site in 3 easy steps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 07:26:31 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote:
1. Get hold of pictures of new Staw Wars sets
2. Make an announcement on LUGNET, r.t.l., yakface.com and rebelscum.com
3. Sit back and watch statistics in amazement.

(My site usually manages 100 hits a day. Today its already up to 1200!)

http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego

Heh, get it mentioned on Slashdot, you'll see even more, probably
exponentially more.

I experienced the slash-dot effect first hand earlier in the year when I
posted the first pics of the droid developer kit. My ISP was not happy and
moved my site onto a server on a faster pipe :-)

Huw