 Promotional / 996
995  |  997
Subject:
4299 LEGO Nesquik Bunny Racer (Promo?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:50:11 GMT

I recently received a mystery package in the mail. It was from LEGO in
Billund. Imagine my immense surprise when I opened the envelope to find a
LEGO set I'd never seen before!

Enclosed was set number 4299, a Racers set with the Nesquik bunny driving!

I was not going to mention this incredible set in case it was a promo not
yet available, and still don't know where it came from. When asked about the
possible origin of this mystery shipment, a source within the LEGO company
claimed that the "LEGO fairy" must have brought it. But today I found that
one of these sets had been at auction on eBay Germany, so I figure it's OK
to mention it now.

This small set features the #1 motor, and is only 17 pieces. Unfortunately
only the white bunny head and brown bunny mask are included, with a SPUD
Racer body in red. It does have an interesting instruction/sticker pack
included. You can see some images below.

The built set with stickers applied:
http://www.blocktype.com/images/4299.jpg

The package:
http://www.blocktype.com/images/package.jpg

Side one of the instructions:
http://www.blocktype.com/images/instructions1.jpg

Side two of the instructions:
http://www.blocktype.com/images/instructions2.jpg

All-in-all, a nice little set (if still a mystery), and if they are more
accessable than the original bunny figure promo, perhaps a good way for me
to get my bulk of bunny heads/masks I need for a major project.

Matt