 Promotional / 75
74  |  76
Subject:
McDonald's Promo Set #2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:15:57 GMT

At lunch today I picked up set #2.  It is some sort of a combination
helicopter and boat.  Here is a quick breakdown of the pieces:

2x6 Plate - Red (x5)
2x4 Brick - Black (x3)
2x3 Brick - Black (x1)
2x3 Low Slope - Yellow (x2)
2x3 Inverse Low Slope - Black (x1)
2x2 Brick w/ vertical rod - Red (x1)
2x3 Low Slope w/ Face Printing - Black (x1)
Helicopter Rotor - Grey (x1)

Total of 15 pieces, all useful except for the slope with the printing on it.
This piece is kind of odd as it does not have the texture that most slopes
have.  If you remove the printing you will have a smooth slope, kind of like
a sloped tile.  Also, I have not personally seen the 2x2 brick with the stud
to mount the rotor piece before.  All of the ones I have are 2x2 plates.
Not sure what I will do with it but it is different (at least to me anyway).

Other comments:

These sets come in a big box.  The McD's had the box sitting on the floor
behind the counter and the woman was just pulling them out.  She did not
speak english real well so my efforts to find out if they had any others
besides #2 were for naught.

It appears as the roll out of this varies somewhat even though it is
advertised as starting tomorrow.  There is a combination Exxon/McDonalds
right near my house where I usually by gas.  Last night "Pay at the Pump"
wasn't aking my card so I actually had to go inside.  While there I saw the
McD manager so I asked when they would have the LEGO sets available.  His
response:  "Monday or Tuesday".

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

PS:  I readily admit I eat at McDonalds.  Probably at least once a week,
breakfast more often than lunch.  The one between my house and my office has
a great chicken biscuit.  Does anyone know if McD's has a breakfast Happy
Meal?