 Promotional / 19
Re: New Extreme Team Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:08:48 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jeff Christner writes:
I recently found at a store near me the following two Extreme Team
sets. They don't seem to be in any of my S&H catalogs that I have, nor
are they in the regular LEGO catalogs that come with new sets. I have
thought that perhaps these are some type of promo or Europe only sets,
but this is only speculation on my part.

1088 - Road Burner - 25 parts
[...]
1068 - Air Patrol - 19 parts
[...]

Yup!--it looks like they're some kind of promo item...  According to Huw
Millington's promotional sets database,

   http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/psd/index.html

1068 is another version of 2849, and 1088 is another version of 2886.

I like the ET logo there on the 1088 photo -- it looks like (heh heh) like
it's a sticker flying off the back end of the car.  :)

--Todd

p.s.  I think I saw either 1068 or 2849 in a Comp U.S.A. back in April or
somewhere thereabouts...