 Promotional / 1038
Re: set 7221
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:51:21 GMT

Hi!

Michael Hopkins wrote to me as below.
I do admit that I was a bit tired/unpacient and upset at the moment, and did not
want to harm anyone. Ma apologioes for that.
It is good that people post pictures etc.

On the other hand, posting a 1 Mb picture 10 times the screen size, causes
problems with opening the file(s). Such large files "cut", and leaves one woth
only the top part of the picture, so I can not see it anyway. Secondly, it is so
large, that I need to scroll a lot, to see it.
Using a modem it is also a matter of ca$h.

I usually skip large pictures when browsing brickshelf, as the open very slowly,
if not only partly.

Some people have claimed that IE rescales by itself, fine, but that is only the
newest version(s?), which many still do not have, and some uses other software.

Jeroen did lately that, that he posted 3 pictures of the 7725 in large, medium
and small. That was the right thing to do. Thx, Jeroen.

I am not going into a longer dicussion here, but still want to point this out.
This has been discussed before somewhere here.

Michael Hopkins <echopoint@yahoo.com> wrote to me:

Sonnich,

Don't you think you are being a bit rude? When someone takes the time
to post something along with a warning that the file size is large,
don't you think that your comments about the picture being large are
redundant? Perhaps it would be more friendly to ask for a smaller
version of the image than to post such a snide comment as "When do
people learn to resize their pictures?". Perhaps the original poster
didn't have the software or time to resize the image. Personally, I
would much rather have a picture that is too big than no picture at
all.

-Michael

In lugnet.promo, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
The picture is to big, it only opens partly.

When do people learn to resize their pictures?

Russell Clark <rclark@telis.org> wrote in message
My sister picked this set up for me from an AMC movie theater. It was in the
kid's pack. Warning: huge image!

http://www.baylug.org/russellc/7221.jpg

I have not seen this set mentioned before, and I don't know if it is the only
set available, or if there are others. Feel free to use it in set databases.

Russell
BayLUG/BayLTC