 Promotional / 1019
Re: C1000 promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:26:24 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:

I should have said here: for me #5014 was not worth the trouble of acquiring. In
my opinion one of the lamest LEGO sets ever. I don't have any further
information about it, therefore I can not provide an inventory.

Oh wow, you could have made a mint on that set selling it to Bionicle fans over
on http://www.BZPower.com - the "heads" in that set are the shoulder armor for
the Toa Nuva - and the yellow is a new color for that part, and the black has
only been in a hockey set that is a S@H only set. The members of BZPower would
have bought them so fast your head would spin. We actually did a story on that
set and the reaction was overwhelmingly positive about those Nuva shoulder parts
in the new colors.

And really, I have the set - thought it would be lame as a set - but its
actually quite fun to play. I actually think its more fun than the full sized
hockey sets... but thats not saying much ;)

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com