 Pirates / 989
Re: The Imperial Soldiers strike back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:13:24 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Sergio Guerra writes:

Ahoy there!

I be havin' a good way for those blasted imperials to be a match for the
pirates. If ye combine two Caribbean Clippers, especially the sails, ye have a
six sailed, three masted, 4 cannon,and 8 person crew top-o-the-line war
frigate. This vessel could be a worthy match for the Black Seas Barracuda or
maybe even Skull's Eye Schooner. What do ye think? Have any of you landlubbers
tried this?

--==Sergio==--

I was going to do this, but I got another midsection and set of square sails,
(and mast, ratlines, cannons, etc) so I effectively did it, but didn't have to
sacrifice one of my other Clippers.  If I get another triangular sail, I'll
add a third midsection and mount it as a lateen sail on a third mast.  That
would match up with a BSB or SES by section, sail, mast, cannon and crew.

The Caribbean Clipper is a very nice ship, but it has lots of room to tinker
with if you can snag extra parts.  Taking two and making one big ship out of
it is a very good project.  It produces a ship not far off any of the three
large ships, and is even reasonable on a cost basis.

Bruce