 Pirates / 908
Re: Space Pirates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 03:37:51 GMT

Richard Parsons wrote:

Evening all,

I haven't been as vocal here as I would normally be, having been a bit
engrossed in .loc.au.nsw.syd matters
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/stud/ ).

Sorry about that whole Olympics hype thing.  We'll try to see that it's
extracted without too much associated damage afterwards, but those McDonald's
people can be rather tenacious--we just weren't the same after 1984, and it was
on the other side of the country.

On the other hand, the Soviet Bloc backing out made sure that we preteens made a
fortune in free food (should I put that in scare quotes?) because of all the
medals 'Muricuns took home.  Thanks, Premier Andropov!

We're heading towards a bit of a BrikWars
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm ) conflagration at the next
LegOz in June, and we're all busy massing armies.  We are each of us
approaching this out of our own themes, so in my case, the Sea Princess has
been refitted with stardrive, impulse engines, four great landing legs, a
communications array, and several death ray thingies.  Captain Ahab (oblique
descendant of the Great Captain Ahab of the Pequad) and his especially cross
piratical space dudes have taken her, renamed her the Saucy Sue, and are
sallying forth for battle.

No pirate ship is truly complete without death ray thingies.  At least that's my
opinion.  All of those poor pirates throughout history, they never knew they
were sailing incomplete ships.  It's sort of like the poor australopithecine who
just never understood how squalid his (or her, if we call her Lucy) life was
without a turnip twaddler.  I think I'm going to cry.

I don't plan to post in .space (not my scene, and anyway I have entirely
enough scenes as it is ;-), but I wondered if there would be any interest in
this stuff here.  I'll be doing a little scanning tonight.  You guys want
updates or are we .pirates entirely wet navy focussed?

If this is an issue, perhaps you can lick the hull before taking photographs.  I
for one have no objections, mostly because I violate another possible law of the
.pirate with Heretical Steel Ships and I'm not eager to start a spate of purism
here.  Purism, well, it's for those law-obsessed folks, and As We All Know, it's
.town that's full of policemen, firefighters, and show-jumpers with briefcases.

I for one discover that it is the whole life and lifestyle thing, whether
played out in space or in the south west Pacific.

Or in Ontario.  (Beer Pirates...arrrr)  You know, I need to see "Ice Pirates"
again.  I'm not quite sure why, but I do.

best

LFB