 Pirates / 540 (-20)
  Re: Boilers

(...) Lets put it this way, if they are that selectivly compressed, each one is about big enough to power a boat 2x the size of a rowboat! They would be in real life MASSIVE structures, on the order of 15' across each, and the same high. Small ones (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Pirate Ships, and Forts WANTED! (Still)

I am still searching for big Pirate Ships and big forts. Cash, or trade for: Mindstorms Droid Developer Kit 9748 (sealed packs), Railway Express 4561 (sealed packs), Technic Space Shuttle 8480 (MSIB) Technic Beach Buster 8252 (MSIB) and of course my (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Boilers

Hi all, I've been having the biggest trouble filling my new ships with machinery. I have, for your consideration, a rough .jpg of a pair of small-bore oil-fired boilers on a display plate with a little naval officer for scale (yes, they're (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

SNIP (...) comes (...) Awfully sorry about that, it seems he already has several people in a not-happy mood at him. That's what I get for not re-reading the back-story. Perhaps Capt. Otto vW can be the "worst" sort of merchantman Doolittle takes on. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) through a very echo-ey place here) Capt. Doolittle needs a Nemesis. A thorn in his side. How about the Captian that Waite hires to un-do Dolittle? Meet Captain Otto von Wurstluk. (fanfare and appropriately martial music comes up). Captain (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote (...) about (...) Richard Still baldly going... Check out Port Block at (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

Tony Priestman wrote (...) Capt., (...) Ditto! I love it! Why is there no website, Lance Scott commanding? I mean, I'm happy to host the story, and eventually put pics to it, and it fits in perfectly (top marks) but but but, what other ideas might (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New admirals

Matthew Wilkins wrote in message ... (...) Of course, like I say, if you can hook up with someone in Europe, you can do a lot better, but Matt's prices at least are cheaper than they go for on eBay, and may be the easiest way if you want one or two (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Best-Lock Whiteskull Pirate Ship Review in lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands

As the subject says, check out lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands for my review of the Best-Lock pirate ship. Here's the URL: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New admirals

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes: <schnip!> (...) <schnip!> (...) Matt Chiles also has shooting cannons on his website at (URL). -Cheese (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) No, I'm referring to barge-like platforms. (...) best, Lindsay (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) Von Manstein's book, _Lost Victories_ came to the same conclusion. Von Manstein advocated a strategic retreat along the Stalingrad front for the winter, letting the Russians deal with reclaiming the land, then crushing them in the spring when (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes: (with various others, but the attribs get confusing) (...) could (...) (or (...) in (...) ships (...) impossible (...) I (...) Are you refering to congreaves (which is what this is primarily about) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New admirals

I need to get off my duff and start using some of the pieces I've collected to make some smaller pirate ships. Shooting cannon are also available from Europe in a service pack. Buying in bulk through a friend in Europe, I've gotten them for about (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) That last is the classic example of how steam changed the tactical lexicon. The Royal Navy hadn't even considered the possibility that this could be done, because it couldn't be done under sail in anything approaching an orderly manner. The (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) It was tried--in 1862. That was part of the theory behind the Confederate ram Virginia (formerly the Federal frigate USS Merrimack). It just sort of sailed in and among the blockade force at Hampton Roads, and caused mayhem. However, ships (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) Thanks for the clarification! Elsewhere Bruce was able to de-fog my mind on the subject, as well. I've so much to learn! (...) Hmm. I wish I could remember where I first heard about this, because my recollection seems to resemble the battle (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) Yeah, but if you need *guidance*, you need the only sort of guidance system available in the age of sail: Well-liquored sailin' wretches and Greek Fire. I'm thinking of the destruction of the USS Philadelphia at Tripoli by a small party after (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) Ack, no. The only side with battleships at Midway was Japanese, and they never took any part of the battle (they were part of the "invasion force"). It was a purely carrier-driven action (with bits of submarineness about). You may be thinking (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New admirals

(...) I've done the bi-plane "bow" bit and I'm not sure I care for it. I prefer the 6x7 bow that can be found in a number of places for making small pirate ships (similiar to the one in the Imperial Trading Post). The Imperial Trading Post ship (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact