 Pirates / 515 (-10)
  Re: John E. Doolittle

(...) Hmmm, well, that would seem to work. Don't quite know why it wasn't tried (or maybe it has been, but I haven't run across it yet). Too slow to aim, especially when the target is moving? I think it would work best as a surprise weapon under (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

Got an Idear for ya, Matey! Set during the illustrious career of the indomitable J.E. Doolittle, Capt., etc., etc. Doolittle hears rumours of another Brikish Museum expedition to "gather native artifacts for preservation by the infinitely more (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Richard Parsons (<Fp4ws7.16n@lugnet.com>) wrote at 06:03:01 (...) But what about the poor souls you'd have to leave on it to fire the ordnance? They'd almost certainly be captured. (...) This is more like it. I can see a tactic (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

Richard Parsons wrote in message ... (...) of (...) 'relspective meruts'? - why do I pay this spellchecker anyway? Come here little spellchecker. Look at this. 'respective merits', see? Get it? Why is this so hard? Now go and write "I will always (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

Tony Priestman and Bruce Schlickbernd wrote about the relspective meruts of rockets as an offensive weapon aboard late 17th and early 18th century warships. Ok ok ok. How about a barge-like monitor? No sails or rigging to set afire while arguing (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Lego shipwreck diving expedition photos

I've posted three stills of a Lego underwater pirate shipwreck expedition movie I'm developing at: (URL) "animation" in the "CG animation Stills" category. I just love those pirate and divers sets... Marc (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: "Hard a starboard" (was John E. Doolittle)

(...) Well done. Thanks for the excellent refernce. Yes, the America's Cup boats turn in the direction of the wheel. I learned to sail before I could drive, so the opposite direction tiller thing never bugged me. Bruce (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: "Hard a starboard" (was John E. Doolittle)

OK, now that I've recovered, but lost all the knowledge of which messages I had read... (I've been thinking of writing my own customized newsreader, OEs little crashes are making me seriously consider it...) Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: test

Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) will (...) Oh, now it's really f-ed up. The test message is the only one it's displaying... Well, I guess it's time to unsubscribe and re-subscribe... Frank (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  test

Sorry for posting a test here, Outlook Express crashed on me, and now it seems to not want to display the messages after 1/25, let's see if this will shake it loose... Frank (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact