 Pirates / 476
Re: [CW] Interest in Castle World for Pirates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tony Priestman writes:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Richard Parsons (<FozrM1.F2x@lugnet.com>) wrote at
11:22:01

3)  If it's wanted and needed, would people be willing to redesign some • models
to not contain guns?

We don't tend to use repeater rifles or revolvers (à la Western), and I
could do without the musket and the blunderbuss (I guess .... for a little
while, anyway .... probably) but ships without cannons?  What would be the
point ;-)

Yes, the Pirate stuff tends to be a bit later in history. Castles
actually stretch into this period, but taking pirates back to when there
were no guns leaves you with some pretty puny vessels

And I'm not sure how red coats and blue coats would go, armed only with
swords pikes and lances.

To Davy Jones' locker :-)

But I'm thinking about it :-)

It can be done, but I wouldn't want to. At least, it would be way down
the list of upcoming projects. Hmmm. The more I think about it...

No. It's just a different milieu. A Castle themed ship would not be a
Pirate ship.

Time to go lurking around .castle I guess.  Never thought I'd ever do that!

Pirates is better! Arrr!
--
Tony Priestman

Avast Ye Swabbies!!
There be plenty of precedent for a cannon armed ship without the hand guns.
Henry VIII's 'Mary Rose' had lots of guns and the men were armed with pikes,
swords and bows.
Obviously the new set is in the transition age between muscle power and black
powder, witness the cannon in the 'Bulls Attack' set.
But you are correct in your assertion, Pirates belong on the Spanish Main.