 Pirates / 470
Re: [CW] Interest in Castle World for Pirates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:22:01 GMT

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote
Hey!

I made a section of the map with that specific purpose in mind:  Legocean • or
Legoceania (name to be decided upon later .. maybe the ocean itself will be
Legocean while the whole area will be called Legoceania?)  I also included
"Port" and "ship" with pirates in mind.

Thanks heaps.  Always nice to have someone looking out for you.

Some issues would of course have to be addressed:

1)  Is it even needed or wanted?

Sounds interesting.

2)  Although the architechture will be different, this shouldn't be a
problem

3)  If it's wanted and needed, would people be willing to redesign some • models
to not contain guns?

Now I'm guessing that by guns you are not referring to the great, big,
lovely, glorious, noisy, messy, dangerous, wontonly destructive guns that
great big lovely (etc) ships used to poke out of little ports in their
sides, to generally frighten anybody else into submission.  Maybe these are
called cannon in Castle?

We don't tend to use repeater rifles or revolvers (à la Western), and I
could do without the musket and the blunderbuss (I guess .... for a little
while, anyway .... probably) but ships without cannons?  What would be the
point ;-)

And I'm not sure how red coats and blue coats would go, armed only with
swords pikes and lances.

But I'm thinking about it :-)

I can see some very interesting storylines that mix the two categories • (although
the guns do seem to ship the balance a bit, no?).  For example, I see the
pirates as the link between the oriental section and the classical • section -
kind of like having their whole kingdom in Legoceania, etc... )

Anyhow - let me know what is best.  My opinion is that I would love pirates
minus the guns, but if that's their identity, I'm open to suggestions. • (attire
wouldn't have to be changed since in a way it's a separate kingdom with
interesting models and stories non the less (one word?)).

I'm afraid I'm not all that up on the idea.  I did have a peek at the site,
but the history page is a bit light on, just at the mo'.  What sort of era
did you have in mind.  Port Block is sort of 1820's (ish, actually extremely
ish) which I'm guessing is a bit outside your parameters, no?

Time to go lurking around .castle I guess.  Never thought I'd ever do that!

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/