 Pirates / 4635
4634  |  4636
Subject:
Fortress Redband
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:20:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello Lugnet,

It has been nearly six years since I last posted my Romanesque Bascilica here and a lot has changed. However, I am proud to display my most recent creation, Fortress Redband. Since I think it fits both the Pirates theme and the Castle theme, I’ve cross posted it to both newsgroups.

Fortress Redband began as a traditional Castle-themed project and quickly spiraled out of control into a large Pirate-themed fort complete with a full complement of soldiers from the 2009 Pirates sets. Some of the highlights of the fortress in my opinion include the dining hall and the prison full of ghosts. I’ve tried to throw in other details like monkeys and parrots in the trees, spiders on the cliff walls, a crocodile, realistic looking cannon balls, and more. I’m also am fond of the fort’s kitchen and armory.

Here’s the url to my Brickshelf Folder:

Brickshelf Folder

And for those who prefer Flickr’s services, here’s that url too:

Flickr

I recommend viewing it on Flickr, actually, because I went a little crazy with photographing this thing and filled two whole Brickshelf pages! Any comments or suggestions are welcome. If you see how I could improve my building style in the future, feel free to share.

Thanks,

Ben Harris