 Pirates / 4400 (-20)
  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) WOW - that is very cool stuff. Both me and my kids had a great time at looking at all the pics! Thanks for sharing them with us. Mark (URL) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The brig Seatop

(...) Thanks, Sean. Once twelve cannons are squeezed into the main deck, there's not much space left for detail (though there is some for recoil!). And the after part of the Seatop is mostly filled with supports for the deck and the angled (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The brig Seatop

(...) That is a really nice looking ship. I like the slanted cabin in the back, it was an effect I had tried to do on my ship originally but lacked the pieces (or at least the patience to find the pieces) for it. The colors flow well also, I haven't (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The brig Seatop

(...) Thanks, Richard. Perhaps it's time for Port Block to get involved in the arms race? (...) (Un)Fortunately, much of what is afloat is in Port Brique, awaiting an upgrade! Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The brig Seatop

(...) Thanks very much, Bob! Though I must point out the Seatop is based on a 'prefab' lego hull. (...) Well, I did build the 32 gun frigate, Misérable - you may have read about it in BrickJournal, Issue 3. But the Seatop uses a few styling advances (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The brig Seatop

(...) ...is drop dead gorgeous. I am always impressed by Port Brique's boundless capacity to find new ways to expand the envelope. At a stroke, she renders much of what is already afloat obsolete. Richard Still baldly going... (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The brig Seatop

(...) Nice MOC, Richie! I especially like that you made your own hull instead of just using the prefab ones that lego makes. Do you have any plans to make a 36 or 44 gun heavy frigate version sometime? Now that would be vool! The more cannons, the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

Nice display. It makes me wish (just a little bit) that I was still in NC... Frank (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates)

  The brig Seatop

Ahoy! The Seatop is a 12 gun brig operating in the waters around Port Brique. She is of an older design, but is an exceptionally seaworthy craft and handy sailor. (URL) Built on a three centre section hull, the Seatop uses a double row of inverted (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: The Corinthian

(...) Thanks much. I like the blue guys, so I figured they could use a big ship. God bless, Sean (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Corinthian

(...) Well, you can -technically- view the lower decks, if by view you mean look down and say 'oh look, you can see lower decks'. I plan on removing the top most deck and then adding details to the lower ones, and also extending the ship slightly so (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Corinthian

(...) Ahoy! Good work Sean. I love how many gun ports this provides. One thing I didn't see in the pics was whether you can access/view the lower decks. If not, that might be an interesting feature for your next ship. I like the use of the katana. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) Um, no :-)...But maybe BrickFest.......nnnnaaaaahhhhh. Joe (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) Um, well, no one wanted to wear it? And there were some pirate wenches...oh nevermind. Glad you liked all the models - it was fun to build after doing a lot of 'other' things:-). Joe (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) Wow, all kinds of neat stuff! I like the mix of different scales - the micro ships and sea monsters especially. But how could you guys build a hat and not take pictures of people wearing it? Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) Neat looking display (especially the Kraken scene). You *did* invite Nigel and his priate band from HoB, didn't you ;-) ? (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) Thanks, Nathan! And the post on Eurobricks is appreciated - while I have an account there, I have become much more a doer than a poster as of late:-) Later, Joe (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) Hi Joe! The display will be up for probably a month to two months. The theater is really cool about our displays. As for getting involved, just ask:-)! I was trying to get into the yahoogroup for our club, but the yahoogroups server appears to (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

Looks great...if it wasn't such a long trip from Ireland I'd drop by to see it in person ; ) I posted this over on pirate mad Eurobricks, sorry if I stole your thunder... (URL) my guilt lies here...> God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

(...) Ok, i'm actually moving to the Raleigh area and was at the Raleigh Grande Theater last night (i think... could be getting them mixed up)! And while i did go and see Pirates, i missed the display entirely!!! Guess i'll be heading back there. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact