 Pirates / 4396
Re: The brig Seatop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:20:01 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Ahoy!

The Seatop is a 12 gun brig operating in the waters around Port Brique.

Nice MOC, Richie! I especially like that you made your own hull instead of just using the prefab ones that lego makes.

Thanks very much, Bob!

Though I must point out the Seatop is based on a ‘prefab’ lego hull.

   Do you have any plans to make a 36 or 44 gun heavy frigate version sometime? Now that would be vool!

Well, I did build the 32 gun frigate, Misérable - you may have read about it in BrickJournal, Issue 3. But the Seatop uses a few styling advances over the Mis, and the frigate is looking a lot like she needs a rebuild as a result.

   The more cannons, the better imho.

Not that numbers of cannon mean anything special, building larger vessels gives a greater opportunity for more (and dare I say more accurate) detail. But even the 32 gun Mis at the level of selective compression I use, is a very large and unwieldy (and fairly fragile) MOC.

There has been a bit of building happening in Port Brique lately...there’s plenty more where that came from, just keep your spyglasses ready!

   Thanks for sharing!

Always a pleasure! And it’s good to see some activity once again in .pirates!

Cheers

Richie Dulin