 Pirates / 4228
4227  |  4229
Subject:
Small Pirate Cutter - Test Design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:08:46 GMT

Recently, I stumbled across the web page explaining Evil Stevie's Pirate Game,
and this inspired me to start my own fleet!  Unfortunately, my only ship set
worth mentioning is the BSB - great for a single ship, not so great for a fleet.
I don't even have any of the bow pieces used in the cutter design from the
Imperial Trading Post, so shipbuilding isn't going to be easy.

Here's my first effort:

Since I have many Castle sets, I have more wall corners than I know what to do
with.  Observing that two of them next to each other makes a nice angled shape,
I started goofing around and came up with a way to fix it to the underside of a
decking arrangement.

The result is an EXTREMELY tipsy ship - I didn't consider stability when I first
put the hull together.  Next time, I'll space the wall corners with 1x2 or 1x4
bricks before putting anything on top.

Also, the stern is a bit more square than I'd hoped - I still haven't figured
out how to attach a believable rudder or angle the area without spending too
many precious bricks on a single cutter.  After all, I'm hoping to use this
basic hull arrangement for several ships, not use all my inverse slopes on a
single model!